The Shack: Self-Published to 15 Million Copies Sold

You may also like...

7 Responses

1. NB says:

wow katie, you don’t sound very christian with all that judementality going on sister

2. starsword says:

I was overjoyed at the Shack and since reading it decided WE NEED MORE SHACK! But since it doesn’t seem like he’s going to be making any more, I’ve decided to take a try — Spiritual Fiction as an exploration is incredibly theraputic and invigorating, even spiritually feeding when coupled with regular Bible Word intake. The sky is not the limit when it comes to the spirit world, and we have the Bible as our base from which to launch off of!

3. Yolanda says:

I have read the book The Shack and found it one of the best book I have ever read. I have studied the Bible for forty years. When I say studied I mean it. Useing Lexicons, Interlinears, Concordances and many other helps. After reading The Shack I realized what salvation meant. What Jesus did for us is Huge! Not many people get it. I had a hard time at first also, when I got into the middle when he went back to the shack I had to stop and go to the end once I did that I could read it in its entirety. I am a bible student not a church goer maybe that is the difference. I am not led by useless tradition but am very happy with my new found knowledge of salvation. John 3:16 says it all even thought this is what main line churches has been teaching for years, to bad they don’t believe it. They always teach it with a big BUT.

4. Rob says:

I think hardcore Christians are missing the point. Take the message for what it’s worth; don’t criticize based on your personal view of the Bible or Christianity, or how you THINK everyone else should believe. If the message overall is a positive one, then GREAT JOB on the book! I’m not a Christian but I read the book and thoroughly enjoyed it because of the story and the message.

5. Shawn says:

Amen Sister!
    THIS BOOK IS NOT CHRISITAN! At best it’s Liberal Christianity; at worst it’s heresy. To say that Messiah doesn’t care how you refer to Him (as Budha, Mohammed, etc) is blasphemy. Jesus is the only way and the way is narrow. The “success” of this book just show’s the lack of leadership in Christian churches and a lack of personal relationship with Jesus by the believer. To say nothing of discernment!

6. Katie says:

“The Shack” has so many things that are flatly unbiblical and offensive to me as a believer that I don’t even know where to start. I believe it may be a trap for some weak Christians, or potential believers to lap up this warm and fuzzy vision of the trinity. Use discernment when you read this book, and you’ll quit grouping it in with Christian fiction.

1. April 16, 2013

[…] unexpectedly passed from one set of hands to another and, without any marketing push, has now sold millions of copies and been translated into dozens of languages, bringing healing and opening windows to […]